Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am a new Creation

Accepting ourselves as a new creation is one of the hardest things to do as a new Christian I think. At least for me it has been. So often I think of my past, the mistakes that I've made, the people that I've hurt. Too often I allow my flesh to control my thoughts instead of learning to let my thoughts, actions and soul be led by the Spirit.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! -- 2 Corinthians 5:17

We cannot deny who we used to be, We cannot deny what anyone can say about us. We were sinners just as we are now, but the difference now is that we live by the Spirit and not the flesh and thus are new creations.

I could never have imagined all that the Lord would do in my life, all that I would be willing to sacrifice to walk with Him. I also never could have imagined the persecution I would receive, the people that would cut themselves off from me simply because I found the love of the only pure and just creature ever created, Christ.

Far too long I allowed myself to be consumed by the incessant need to prove myself to people, to keep those close to me. I've learned through His grace and His mercy that persecution will come, it has to come. The same world that persecutes me, hung our Savior for absolutely no reason. They mocked Him, ridiculed Him, hung Him from a tree. I am one of those nails that went into His wrists, yet He loved me enough to allow Himself to hang there. And because of that Love, because of that blood, I am willing to give up anything here. I am willing to set aside my fleshly desires to obtain an eternity worshiping the King.

I am a new creation, a new new woman reborn because of the love of the Savior. I long to worship Him, yearn to serve Him.

No comments: