Saturday, October 29, 2011

Recovery from pain, it's possible!

Is Recovery Possible?
Have you ever sat down during a moment of frustration or despair over the most minuscule problem and suddenly the enemy has crept in and whispered lies in your ear? I admit this used to happen to me often after I first confessed Jesus as Lord of my life. He had been my Savior for years, but never Lord. I never gave over complete reign to Him. As I did, the enemy slithered in their quickly, tempting my sinfulness with his utter lies.
Does he ever do that to you? Does he ever lead you to believe that a sin you committed, an offense you did to someone is so horrible our gracious and loving God could never forgive you? If so, there is hope in these 4 words … HE IS A LIAR.
The enemy has no hold on your life and his lies have no weight on God’s truth.
Recovery, moving forward after a sinful life, is absolutely possible. With God, all things are possible. With God, no sin is too great. Men may have a hard time forgiving, moving forward and accepting you as a new creation, but with God, nothing is impossible.
“With men, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
He wants to bring healing to our life. He wants to heal the deepest of wounds, the one that inhibits growth from happening in our life.
“Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me and I shall be saved, For You are my praise.” Jer. 17:14
I’ve found myself asking at times, “How could you forgive me? How could you love a wretch like me?” The answer is simple—because He says so. He says I am worthy, I am made blameless, spotless in His sight upon my conversion, and I must deem His word TRUE.
“With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; with a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless.”  Psalm 18:25
For me, the complete shame I lived in for the first 22 years of my life was such a burden to carry, such a weight to live with. Learning to move on after sexual abuse, turning my life into a testimony of sexual immorality, the weight threatened to crush me. It at times crushed my spirit, yanked my soul from my body. I became void of feeling, living my life the way the enemy led me to believe was my worth.
 There had to come a point when I knew that He was truth and the moment, the very moment, that I confessed Him Lord, I was then blameless and never again to be viewed as worthless. I was redeemed by the Redeemer. But, I had to confess my life to Him, I had to turn over the hurt to Him and admit, “I cannot get through this without you, please take this burden from me.” And I had to trust that He would.
“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.” Psalm 34:17 & 18
“cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
Healing doesn’t happen without any passing time. Just as the hurt took time to sink deep within, forgiveness will take time to come from within that deep, dark place.
“… and a time to heal.” Ecclesiastes 3:3
But, rest assured that you will heal. He who has forgiven you promises that healing will take place and you can always stand confidently in His Word. Christ has forgiven you, for all of your past iniquities and He sees you as blameless and pure now. Walk upright to the very best of your ability, using His Word as guide. Do not compromise what you know is right; for what this world believes is right. The Spirit that dwells within becomes your guiding light in a pitch black world.

Blessings

No comments: