Sunday, January 15, 2012

I am HIS


Have you ever wondered, “Who am I?”

I have found myself asking this question throughout my entire life.

There were times when the answer made me shutter, brought tears to my eyes. I was broken, helpless, ugly, horrible, wretched. I hated myself.

After finding Christ, it’s been a journey all in its own right to find a healthy, authentic view of myself.

You’d think that finding Christ would give me my identity; that I would somehow “magically” know who I am.

But, it wasn’t that easy. After finding Him, the ridicule and whispers didn’t stop. The lies that I was fed continued to distort my reality.

I was accused of being a hypocrite, a liar, and a fake.

There had to come a time when I had to accept the way GOD made me and accept that He made be wonderful.

I wasn’t sure how to do this, but I knew His Word was the place to go.

“I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born. I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1:5

What does that Scripture say?

He chose me.

He set me apart.

He appointed me.

I am chosen, set apart and appointed to something set forth by HIM.

He knows me intimately, like no one else does. He loves me and has a plan for me. I may not always understand the plan, but I must have faith that my Father does.

The life I lived, the testimony I now have, HE KNEW IT. If for no other reason other than the help that I can give to young women living the wretched life I was living, it set me apart. He set me apart and good has come from a life that I CHOSE and He REDEEMED.

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.’
Romans 8:28

I love God, and because of that I was called to a purpose He set forth and He has worked all things out for good.

My life is now GOOD.

I am a sinner, redeemed by grace, HIS grace. But I am no longer separated from Him and I have been set apart for GOOD.

“You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit.”
John 15:16


I did not choose Him, He chose me.

There is something He wants to use me for and I humbly submit to whatever it is that He has called me to.

I must accept who I used to be, and embrace who I am now.

I used to be:
A liar
A cheat
Promiscuous
A college drop out
A molestation victim
Depressed
Suicidal
A rape victim
A drunk
A drug abuser

I am:
Holy
Beautiful
Chosen
Appointed
Set Apart
Loved
Forgiven
A survivor
In recovery
A wife
…mother
…friend
…sister
…daughter
& most importantly, “In Him I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
Ephesians 1:7




 

3 comments:

Bree said...

wow this is such a wonderful post girl! You are right God knows what is happening long before we know because He knows the plan for our lives. We can all find ourselves in Christ and it's evident you have because your love for Christ radiates from you :)

... said...

Wow. I love how honest you are. It is so scary to speak up and share such personal stuff...but when we can see the amazing glory and grace of God in your story...it can truly change lives. Thank you for sharing this! :)

YOU ARE CHOSEN!

Kara Renee said...

Wow, people can be so hurtful. Praying for you in your time of discovery!