Sunday, December 11, 2011

Psalm 69

Save Me, O God
{Series}

I’ve been reflecting on Psalm 69 for a couple of days. I’ve read it 3, maybe 4 times. Each time, I feel His presence stronger. Each time He reveals to me more strength, more clarification. I don’t have the space to put the entire Psalm {worth reading} so I’m going to break it up for the next few days.

“Save me O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold; I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me.”
Psalm 69:1 & 2

Throughout my life, I’ve felt like the weight covering me would kill me. There were times when the “mire” was so heavy, I too couldn’t get my feet steady beneath me. I wanted to drown in the sorrow I was feeling; sink deep within the angst that surrounded my very being.

I remember the days after my rape {the one that those closest to me refused to admit happened}, the darkness was so thick, so hard to pull out of I considered ending my life. {This life that God orchestrated, beautifully and wonderfully made} I wondered if I could ever pull myself out of the miry pit I found myself in.

Praise God for His strength. I didn’t recognize it at the time; but it was He who pulled me out of that place. It was He who set me on a new path. And it was He who healed me.

There is no pit that threatens to sweep me over anymore; because NOW I know that God is sufficient, in EVERYTHING!

His strength. His love. His grace. His hope.

More to come from Psalm 69 tomorrow

 

No comments: