Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Psalm 69 part 2


Save Me, O God
{Series}

I’m still in Psalm 69, and still learning so much. There are so many times when the life we are living in threatens to drown us, the waters seem so deep that we don’t see a life raft or fresh air to breathe anywhere in sight.

“I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God.”
Vs. 3

God’s Word promises that He will deliver us when we are sinking within various trials. He will never withhold His helping hand and He will never forsake us.

Throughout my life depression snuck in at every corner it seemed, and every time I allowed it to rule my life. I spent years within a hole I created for myself; deep within myself. I spent months in bed, days in a hospital, all of which kept me from calling out to God. The pit I found myself in was so dark; I never opened my eyes to His everlasting light.

His light will illuminate our life. His light will shine vibrantly, setting alight the way in which to follow. We must simply call out to Him, do not allow ourselves to grow weary as in this Psalm. Instead, stand strong in knowing that He will deliver us when we are faithful to Him! 

 

No comments: