Monday, November 28, 2011

Reality Check

Reality Check …. GET OVER IT

I had a reality check today. I thank God when He does that; when He brings to light something we may have squandered behind our fleshly thoughts. I am blessed that this reality check came from my Pastor’s wife, who I am greatly blessed to have had time with today.

Are you harboring ill feelings for someone? Are you angered over a fight with a family member, a friend, and you’ve allowed it to control your actions thus far?

I was doing this. I was allowing my fleshly emotions to control my actions towards people in my life; this is wrong!

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7

Harboring ill feelings towards someone will eat away at you, fill you with wickedness and I urge you that if you are doing this … LET. IT. GO.

God is not concerned with what someone “did” to you that prompted your response; He is concerned with your response first and foremost! It shouldn’t matter what someone says, that should not control how we react to that person.

I am the first to admit, I am bad about this.

When you come from the sinful place I came from, when you allowed people to walk over top of you trampling your spirit for so long, the moment when you believe this is happening the flesh instinctively wants to attack; to never let anyone crush your spirit again.

But, no one can crush your spirit when it’s His Spirit within.

He protects. And He will give the strength to respond kindly and lovingly to that person who may in their own life want to crush people’s spirits. DO NOT LET IT AFFECT YOUR REACTION.

Respond in love, without judging, and show them the Spirit that now resides within you! 

No comments: