Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Decking the Halls

         This Christmas

Do you get as nostalgic as I do while decking the halls for Christmas? Today was such a blessed day.

I successfully decorated the house for Christ’s birth … meticulously placing pinecones and poinsettia flowers as if they were purposely placed there for His enjoyment. A smile graced my mouth every time Jaxson would say, “this is beautiful Mommy”.

Beauty, something so simple, but yet such a reward. As we look around our homes during this special time, we can see the little Christmas houses, the nativity scene, and the love that goes into making our home a haven.

I aim to do this year round, but I admit, I put a little more effort into it at Christmas. I hope after this year, I can continue putting in that extra effort each day—because each day is special when Christ is our focal point.

And that’s what makes this season so truly special. It’s not Santa, or the presents, it’s not even the family we may only see once a year … it is the birth of the Messiah, wonderful Counselor, hoped upon Redeemer.

He was born in a manger, laid upon the straw. He didn’t come barreling down in a flame of light; but quietly, simply.

We can get so caught up during Christmas with hub bub, the bells and the whistles.

I challenge you to take a more simple approach; the quiet simple approach that He took. Find peace this year, IN Him! 



 

No comments: