Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Guest Post

Meet Amy:


 


 

Life Verse: 

"For I know the plans I have for you." Jeremiah 29:11


I am honored to be featured here at Walking in the Word! I love reading Ashley's heart as she writes it out for us all to learn from! God has truly blessed her to speak His truth and I am blessed to call her Friend!
My name is Amy and I have been blogging at A Faithful Journey since June of 2010. What started as a way to document books I was reading and craft projects I had completed, quickly became something completely different. God had other plans and I went with it. I have been writing about His faithfulness in my life as a wife and mother and how He has blessed...and continues to bless...us each and everyday! I have enjoyed getting to know others through the blogging world and pray everytime I publish a post that God will use the words He has given me to say to bless someone in some way!
We are now entered into the Christmas season! My absolute favorite time of year! I just love all the lights and family gatherings and the warmth and love this season brings! But, most importantly, I truly love revisiting the Christmas Story with my children every year! This year, however, God has really been putting the role of Mary on my heart alot! One of my favorite Christmas songs is Mary Did You Know by Amy Grant. It was while listening to this song one evening that I felt that strong impression on my heart of Mary's story. Can you imagine being so young, a virgin, and having an angel of the Lord come to you saying you were to become pregnant with God's son?!? Could you imagine what she was thinking at that very moment?! Oh, but what an awesome God we serve! He chose the right girl to carry His only Son into this world! He equipped her with all she needed to know and provided her with the faith and the love that she needed! And then, to give birth to your firstborn son in a manger! What a humbling story! The King of Kings and Lord of Lords born in a smelly, dirty, stable! And she did all this out of honor, respect, and love, of our Heavenly Father, knowing that her Son Jesus, was only born to die for the sins of the world! A Sinless Man, perfect in every way, shape, and form, sent to die for someone else's sins! Only God!
And even though we talk of the story of Jesus' Birth the most at Christmastime, the gift of His birth shines all year round! He came to die for YOU! He loves you that much that He died the most horrific death, for your sins and mine! I am so thankful for the Gift of Jesus Christ! Let us not ever forget the true meaning of Christmas! Jesus is the only Reason for the Season!
Thank you again, Ashley, for having me here today! May you all have a Blessed Christmas! 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mary, Did You Know? is one of my favorites as well - and after becoming a momma I often reflect on her and what she must have thought/felt during that time! Great post :)