Monday, January 2, 2012

Busy Busy Busy




2012
A New Year, a New Devotion to Him


 
Are you Busy?

Recently I’ve felt the Lord revealing something to me and I wasn’t sure what it was or what He wanted me to do about it when I finally “heard” what it was that He was speaking.

On FB, on twitter, in life in general, I often hear women say, “I’m just so busy”. I admit I’ve even said it. What does this actually mean? Being too busy. For some it means running their children here and there; sports, dance, cheer, 4-H, any extracurricular activity that is supposed to help their child “socialize” or “become well rounded”. For some {and I’m one of these} it means busy work around the house, sweeping, mopping … ahem, checking FB.

Well, last night God revealed to me just what He’s been trying to get me to see. Being busy is something driven by satan and his demons. I know this is a harsh statement, but bear with me for a second and hopefully I’ll make myself a little more clear.

When we are “so busy” we often times don’t read our Bible, spend time reflecting the Word, listen to what He is saying to us. We have the “time” to do this or do that, but we don’t seem to have the “time” for Him.

We live in a society that is so busy running everywhere, being busy, that they are so irritable, so unhappy, so not joyous.

When we don’t make the time for Him, we fall into the trap that satan has laid out for us, he and his demons.

Think about it. When you are hungry, you go to your kitchen and eat something. The same is true if you are thirsty or are in need of sleep. You do what is necessary during those moments to take care of your body.

But, what about your spiritual health?

When we don’t make time for Him, our spiritual life lessens, which gives way to satan to creep in and lead us astray. This can be in subtle ways such as exhaustion which may lead us to snap at our child. Or neglecting ministry work which may keep us from encouraging a wayward friend. We may not take the time to love our husband the way God commands which hurts our relationship with our spouse as well as gives satan ammunition to make his eyes wander to someone else, maybe a magazine on a newsstand. This may seem like no big deal, it’s just his eyes right? Well, Jesus says:
if we look at someone lustfully with our eyes, we have committed adultery with our hearts.
 Matthew 5:28

Don’t you see what being too busy means? It is not just simple little things in life that we are busy with, it’s actually a plot by satan to KEEP US FROM GOD.

I heard this acronym yesterday and it struck me deep within!!!

B- eing
U-nder
S-atan’s
Y-oke

I for one do not want to ever be under satan’s yoke again. I spent 24 years there, I don’t ever want to go back. I do not want to ever follow the world again.

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,  heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,  treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
2 Timothy 3:1-5

I challenge you to evaluate what you are busy with. Is it earthly things or kingdom things?

Are you taking the time, EVERY DAY, to read God’s word or are you … too busy?


 

1 comment:

Lyli said...

Love that acronym for b.u.s.y. -- Good reminder!