Monday, November 7, 2011

For Such a Time as This





I attended my very first “ladies retreat”. In October I attended the Extraordinary women’s Conference with a dear friend, and although we had a GREAT TIME, I must admit, this retreat totally took my breath away. 

I was surrounded by 40 God loving, Jesus Worshipping, Holy Spirit filled women who physically embraced me with the love that Christ shows. 

We hugged, we cried, we laughed, we ate YUMMY food and we listened to one another. 

We stayed in beautiful cabins that slept 14. Each cabin had 2 bathrooms and 2 showers, a front and back porch and an incredible view. 





As I walked into the cabin upon my arrival there was beautiful music playing, scripture hung elegantly on the walls. 


There was a calm serenity that took me over.


After I settled into the cabin and dropped my stuff off I headed up to the lodge where I entered a beautiful haven that was touched in every corner by love and affection. 

3 women spent weeks preparing, hand-making programs, name tags, setting up china to eat off of, and beautiful displays. 



Christ worked through their diligent hands and from their work we were able to relax surrounded by peaceful calm. 

We enjoyed 3 home-cooked meals, never had to wash a dish and never had a child or a husband asking for something while we were eating. It was beautiful and weird. 




We sat by a campfire and fellowshipped until 12 am, some even as late as 2 am. The Holy Spirit surrounded us and loved us and encouraged each of our hearts. We shared about personal trials, victorious triumphs, and nothing was possible without Him. 



We listened to a guest speaker who spoke directly to our souls. I was encouraged and uplifted, eyes puffy and red when she finished. She spoke of the trials she overcame by God’s grace, fleeing her country, her family and a religion in which hated our Lord and Savior. She spoke of her incredible struggle to find the living breathing God and it reminded me how much we take for granted the fact that we able to freely worship Him in our country right now {I say right now because there will undoubtedly be a time when we are not able to worship Him openly, it seems that nations fall away from Him so quickly}














We dressed Barbie’s donated by our sweet sister Linda to give to the Samaritans Purse – this was so much fun! We did their hair, dressed them in stylish clothes and fellowshipped some more. 



And finally, we ended with a tea topped off with all the trimmings. We enjoyed scones with homemade pear butter, and desserts that adorned 3 tiers. We most certainly ate like Esther, whom our entire retreat was designed from. 







My dear husband gave up his precious day to watch our darling children and they were all so excited to see Mom … and I admit, I was happy to see them as well! It was for them that I went, to become the mother, wife, friend, daughter that the King created me to be. 


                                           

For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Psalm 84:10



For such a time as this, we wish to serve the Kingdom. For such a time as this we wish to stand firm in our faith, sacrificing when He calls and worshipping when the freedom allows. For such a time as this we long to serve our God faithfully.
“For such a time as this”
Esther 4:14b






1 comment:

A Faithful Journey said...

This was beautiful! What an amazing weekend you had! Praise God for His provision and His blessings!