Tuesday, May 10, 2011

He is mighty

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.-- Isaiah 40:28-31

I am so in awe of God's strength, of His sovereign power. We are so unworthy of His love, so ungracious most of the time. But, He freely gives us His power, gives us love, gives us hope when we live IN Him. I've stopped trying to wrap my insignificant mind around it and instead, I just embrace it.

There is no rhyme or reason why He loves us as much as He does. He simply DOES. He simply wants to shower us with blessings, but we must be clear that these blessings are not riches and material, earthly things. They are blessings from His kingdom, riches that bring us closer to Him. So many people believe that if God would simply shower them with money, cars, homes, then all of their problems would be fixed and they would be able to walk with Him in a closer relationship. This mindset is wrong because it focuses on the individual and not the Creator of that individual.

I am learning to let go of this world, of the riches that most people bask in. I am learning to sit back and enjoy the ride, the ride that God has blessed me with. I am learning to let God lead my life and I am enjoying every single second of it. But most importantly, I am finally learning how good God truly is.

His goodness is radiating in my life, it fills me with a peaceful assurance. This assurance can only be from His hands because in all seriousness, in my human form I should be scared, uncertain, and restless. But, I'm not. I feel His hands on my heart, I feel His love in my soul. I feel Him making my path straight. I am not weak anymore, troubles are not taking me over.

He never grows weary, He never grows tired of loving me. Because of that love I can stand strong in His path and know that although I cannot see a way, I can take His hand and allow Him to lead me. He is mighty and He is strong and that strength consumes me.

I thank you Father God for this peace, for this comfort that you give me that comes so easily for you; and although it does not come easily to me, I ask that you continue opening up these doors in my life. I ask that you continue guiding me where YOU want me to go. I will soar like an eagle, never growing weak or weary.

I will proclaim your mighty word, speak your goodness to a dying world. You are my anchor on which I grab hold of for everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think I'll ever understand how or why He loves us despite ourselves. As Andy says, "We won't know the answer to that this side of heaven." :-)