Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Who am I

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13

I read an interesting blog this afternoon that inspired me in many ways. The writer posed the question, "What are your dreams? What do you see yourself doing with your life?"

The answer seemed easy at first. I'm a mother, a wife. That pretty much consumes my life in the season I am in right now. But, is this all that I am? Am I defined by my children, by my husband?

I love them, and I want that love to motivate me to be the best woman I can for them, but does it define me? No, I don't think so.

This realization began a yearning to talk to God. A yearning to find out, who does HE want me to be? Who does He see me becoming?

I was forced to look at this verse closely. {God} created my inmost being, {He} knit me together in my mother's womb. What does this mean to me? What does His knitting me together mean?

I don't want to be defined by anything in this world. I don't want to be defined by a person of this world. I want to be defined by the love I have for Christ, the adoration I have for the Father; the ones outside of this world.

I don't aspire to hold the "perfect" job, a job that makes tons of money for my family. I don't aspire to hold any title seen by this world as an accomplishment.

I realized, what I aspire to most is being a strong, knowledgeable woman in Christ's Kingdom. Sounds almost simple truthfully. But, it's the richest thing I could ever do with my life.

I long to teach His word, but not in schools or education surroundings. I aspire to teach women, grow with women, embrace the role that He set forth for women. I desire to know His word like I know my own name. I crave His bread, the bread of life. I long to come alongside women, encouraging them, uplifting them and showing them that embracing a life with Christ is a life that is worth living, it is the ONLY life worth living.

What do I want to do with my life? I want to be a disciple for the reigning King, the Messiah. I want to go into the world, teaching women to die to themselves, and to live for Christ. It is my passion in life.

No comments: