Friday, July 8, 2011

Remain in Him

Remain In Him

We have been meeting with 3 incredible God fearing friends for over a year now for a bible study on Thursday nights. Recently 2 new people joined our adventure and we are so thrilled to share our lives with each other.

We have completed 3 bible studies so far, the first one started our journey. It was titled “What to do when you don’t know what to do”. It was incredible for the beginning of our journey. We then ventured into Crazy Love by Francis Chan. AMAZING! It had so much in it, so much love poured out of that study. Next we studied the book of Romans. Again I say simply, AMAZING! The Christian guidebook basically. We are now studying from Experiencing God by Henry and Richard Blackaby.

One word sums up this study—WOW! We have only just begun; only in Unit 1 of 12 right now. The first page of the study screams at you; screams for you to join God in a love relationship.

I thought I had a love relationship with God. I thought I was loving Him simply by turning my life over to Him. I quickly learned that I needed a personal relationship with Him, just as I do with any other person in my life. Jesus is my best friend, my shoulder when I need someone. Jesus is my Redeemer; delivering me from the bondage I called my life.

Real Christianity is not simply a “religion” one picks up; it is a personal relationship with a Person. Jesus is that Person. He is my way, my truths, my life.

Each unit has a memory verse. This unit’s verse is from John.

“I am the vine, you are the branches, if a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing” John 15:5

Did it scream at you the way it did me?

I can do nothing without Him. He is my source for everything. Apart from Christ, I can do NOTHING. I cannot live this life without Him. I cannot love anyone without Him. I cannot forgive anyone without Him. I cannot function without Him.

This was a wakeup call to me. I humbly come before Christ every morning and ask that His will be done in my life. Only His will. Because, apart from Him, I have no will of my own. I desire to remain steadfast in Him, in His truths, in His light.

No comments: