Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fellowship

More than Friends …. Sisters

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Last night I had a small get together at my home. I invited the women (& children and spouse/significant others) from my ministry, Women Walking Upright, over for a Christmas dinner. My home was decorated (minus the tree which we haven’t had the chance to get yet), I had presents for the children and women and Christmas music playing the background.



We had pot roast with veggies, backed mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, apple pie and chocolate cake. It was delish! We sat around and chatted, fellowshipped, my family sang a small song, and it was just simply …. refreshing.

The women who came are the ones who have come to pretty much every meeting here at my home, faithfully for close to a year. They have sent me encouraging emails, called to uplift me on the phone, and been a means of strength when I needed Him to work through someone. They have faithfully served the Almighty King and I cannot thank them enough.

Shedding myself of this world, ridding myself of the waste I used to call my life, it has been difficult to say the least. It’s not enough for me to have Jesus be my Savior, I want Him as Lord of my life. With Him there, I want to walk in an upright manner, bringing Him praise and glory every step of the way. These women have helped me learn to do that. They have showed me His love through their loving and tender hands and I thank Him for bringing them last night and into my life in such a mighty way.

I look at my girls, my sweet Lily Grace and Hayley, and I pray that one day they can look at their life and have the sincere, true friendships that I have made. Without it, life is a little less sweet. With it, God’s love abounds in such gracious ways through their the hands of others sometimes!

Would my love for Christ be as strong without them? Absolutely.

But, my growth in loving others, that would not be where it is today.

As I shared the other day, finding women to come beside me and love me in a non-judgemental way because of my past has been a real struggle for me. Many (not all because believe me I have some seriously strong older women in my life that have embraced me in the most magnificent ways) of the older women have been abrasive and hard to connect with and it’s been extremely hard for me to not turn into that. I do not want to put walls up. I do not want to be rude, short, or curt with people.

I want to emulate our Lord and Savior and I want to live uprightly, to the best of my fleshly existence. When I fall, I want someone to say, “It’s okay, He loves you, get right back up and ask Him for help”. {Not be gossiped about on my immaturity. I am a new Christian, but just as even a mature Christian, I am a sinner in desperate need of redemption}

These women have been the light I yearned for and I thank God for them each day! There were many women who were not able to come last night for many different reasons, and each holds a deep and profound place in my heart. But these ladies brought much love and joy to my life last night! 



Thank you girls! You have become more than just friends, you have become … Sisters

 

No comments: